Thursday, July 13, 2006

Curious kids checking me out while I wait for a ride across the Dominican border.

A woman and her grandson in Corozo. Some Haitians tie strings or beads around their children's necks or waists to protect them from illness or bad lwa (spirits).

I don't remember now what this little girl came in for, but she was awful cute.

Clemencia's brother Nikol comes by the clinic sometimes to help. Here he's interpreting a patient's Kreyol into Spanish for me so I can interpret it into English for a visiting American doctor.

1 Comments:

Blogger helpfultraveler said...

Hello, I am very interested in the work you have done in Haiti. I am a RN and a long time traveler. I am looking to do public health care work in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Any info on where you worked or who you worked with would be very very helpful for me please email me.
john
johnf3@mindspring.com

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home